Thursday, November 19, 2009

remember, remember

For something that has been handed to me 100% for free, I feel like I have not yet utilized such a blessing. Perhaps it is time to take control of this situation, and blog my heart out.

Yes, I do in fact like where this is going.

Much has happened over the past couple of months. During the month of September, my longtime friend Eric and myself attended the Kings Of Leon concert in Hamilton at Copps Coliseum. I have to say, it was one of the most fun concerts I attended. Apart from uncovering one of my greatest personal mysteries in music that night, I was also properly introduced to the music of Glasvegas, a Glasgow-based band with the attitude of the Sex Pistols and the harmonic overtones of My Bloody Valentine. Both bands did an exceptional job, and the crowd was just overall fantastic.

Following the events of September, my fellow bandmate Randie and I decided to take a few days off work and head on up to my cottage (bringing with us, were guitars, beer and xbox) in Thornbury to write new material and lay out a map of our musical future. Since then, we have managed to write and record demos to 20something new songs, establish a foundation in music publishing, and as of this weekend, will have officially released our very own signature guitar and bass with the Radix guitar company (www.radixguitars.com) in Indonesia.

(I have also since then developed an even deeper love/thirst for alcohol, and have become quite the Call Of Duty gamer [level 52, waddup])

My insomnia has since disappeared, and instead, I fall asleep to a combination of lovely sounds from various artists such as The Swell Season, Snow Patrol, Glasvegas (of course!) and one of my all time favourites, Placebo.

***11:11 - make a wish!!!***

My love for the piano has continued to flourish, however my 10 year love affair with analog delay has made a sweeping comeback (what brought this about, I do not know). In combination with the infinite repetition of sound, I have also dipped deeper into the ink of pitch modulation and space. Many thanks to Matthew Followill of Kings Of Leon for helping me take the next step down the road to tonal perfection.

And of course, for those of you who are as unfortunate as I am to be home tonight, you are probably aware that the prescreening for New Moon was tonight. If you haven't head the soundtrack, go buy it. With Band Of Skulls, Thom Yorke and Death Cab, could you possibly go wrong?

I can't say the same necisarily about the score, however. Carter Burwell [(L)] lent his amazing talents to the first Twilight film, although for some ridiculous reason, has unfortunately been replaced by Alexandre Desplat. Now, I am not a fan of his earlier work, however lately he has scored such films as Coco Before Chanel, Julia & Julia and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Maybe it won't be that bad?

---

for some reason I thought this blog would have much more depth than it turns out.
hmm.

for some reason i have not been able to write a satisfying song for a couple of days either.

looks like we'll just have to wait and see what the universe has planned for us next!

oh, and I leave you with this.




No comments:

Post a Comment